Tesla, Inc. is known as the best manufacturer for electric vehicles. The American company, run by CEO Elon Musk, is an electric vehicle and clean energy company. Tesla is best known for Electric cars, Solar Panels, and storage of clean energy.
Tesla Model X
The sensational, Tesla Model X, is the quickest SUV on earth. The vehicle can be described as the fastest, safest, and the most capable sport utility vehicle in the history of planet earth. The SUV comes with a standard all-wheel-drive system, a 100-kWh battery pack, ample seating space for up to seven adults, and has a range of 295 miles in a single charge.
Nevertheless, these features are just some from which to start with.
Tesla Model X Features and Specs
- Battery: long run with a 100-kWh battery and two electric motors, with one powering the front wheels and the other powering the rear wheels.
- Weight: 5,531 lbs.
- Cargo: 88 cu ft.
- It has more cargo than most SUVs. It can easily adjust up to seven adults at a time and can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
- Interior: 7-seater.
- The seats are comfortable and can fit in seven adults easily at a time.
- The seats at the back can be folded flat to provide more cargo space.
- Exterior: Falcon wing doors.
- It makes the second and third row more accessible, 0.25 Cd, it’s the most aerodynamic SUV ever, with the lowest drag coefficient.
- Available in 5 different colors.
- Acceleration: 2.6s 0-60 mph
- Model X can accelerate up to 60 mph in just 2.6s. Indeed, it is the quickest SUV.
- Range: 351 mi.
- You can drive up to 351 miles of range on a single charge.
- It can also be recharged up to 123 miles in 15 mins at any supercharger location.
- There are many superchargers located across the USA on every major route.
- Supercharging max: 200 kW max
- On-board charger: 11.5 kW max (48A)
- Displays: Driver display + 17” touchscreen
- The dashboard is dominated by a huge touchscreen infotainment system
- Drive: Dual All wheel drive
- Wheels are 20” or 22”
- Autopilot: When in Autopilot mode, it can steer, accelerate, and brake within its lane.
12 ultrasonic sensors to detect nearby cars.
- Cameras can rotate 360 degrees, to provide maximum security.
- 160 m forward-facing radar which provides a long-range view for distant objects.
Model X Safety:
Model X is one of the safest SUVs in the world. There is a built-in front and side-impact protection, with a low center of gravity which reduces the risk of rollover. Tesla Model X has a 5-star safety rating from NHTSA.
Model X’s key safety features include:
- The standard automated emergency braking system
- A standard lane shift/ departure warning.
- Adaptive cruise control is available with semi-autonomous driving mode.
Model X Warranty
Not much is offered when it comes to Tesla Model X Warranty. Tesla has provided with a used vehicle warranty for Model X.
- Basic Vehicle limited warranty – 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever is covered first. This repair or replaces defective materials or workmanship of parts offered by Tesla.
- Battery & Drive Unit limited warranty – 8 years or 150,000 miles. It will be replaced at tesla’s discretion. However, tesla guarantees a minimum battery capacity maintenance of 70% over the warranty period.
- There is no complimentary maintenance schedule to follow.
Long-range Vs Performance
Tesla Model X 2020 is offered in two configurations:
- Long Range and Performance.
- Most of the features are similar in both configurations.
The long-range plus has less weight, less acceleration, and less money than performance.
- Weight: 5,421 lbs.
- Acceleration: 4.4s 0-60 mph.
- Money: $20,000 less than performance.
Apart from this, all the other tech features and facilities are the same.
Why Is Model X better than the others?
Well to start off with, 2020 Tesla Model X does a lot of things better than others.
- Satisfying and comfortable to drive.
- It’s packed with advanced technology and safety features and is well-suited for moving cargo or carrying up to seven people.
- The only SUV of its kind, which is the quickest in the whole world!
- Model X is great for a family or someone who must travel a lot.
- Model X has a distinguishing look and there’s plenty of innovation underneath.
This contains an Autopilot self-driving function, electrically functioned ‘falcon wing’ back doors, and a driving range between charges of more than 300 miles.
- Last but not the least, Tesla Model X is available at two different prices.
Prices and Market demand for Tesla Model X
- The recommended retail price for Model X ranges from: $84,990 – $104,990
- specifically, Long Range: $86,190
- Performance: $106,190.
The price varies due to a few factors
- The type of Model X you’re buying i.e. whether you are opting for long-range plus or for performance. As mentioned earlier Long-range plus will save you $20,000.
- It’s recommended going for long-range model because it offers 20 more miles than the performance model with Ludicrous mode, which is more expensive.
- A 2020 Model X will cost more than 2019 Model X.
- Model X’s are new in the resale market and so they remain rare and in-demand.
- Tesla’s stock is soaring, and it seems that in the coming year’s tesla would be the only Electric vehicle company to benefit from EVs production. That means that Tesla would remain in demand and the prices are likely to go higher, but never below the current prices.
Model X serving as a NASA ride
Tesla Model X is going to be used by NASA.
On May 27, two astronauts, Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley will be the first ones to fly to the international space station on a SpaceX Dragon. .They will arrive at their launchpad in a white Tesla Model X SUV.